Our two types of procedures.
Artemis Dog Massage offers the option of two different procedures:
Traditional Massage & Bodywork and Holistic Reiki.
Massage & Bodywork
Our sessions are performed in the comfort of you & your dog's home.
We serve Grosse Pointe, MI & most of the surrounding areas. We travel to your location free of charge if you reside within our service area.
Our service area includes:
We add a reasonable surcharge for locations outside our normal service area.
We only accept cash and checks at this time.
We will accept all major credit cards and bank transfers in the near future.
Getting started & what to expect.
Get a hold of us - tell us about you & your dog!
We'll introduce ourselves, answer any questions you may have, and gather a bit of basic info from you before the first in-person massage session & consultation.
Some of the info we'll require from you includes:
- General contact information
- Your location
- The reason for seeking Massage and or Reiki services
- Your dog's Breed, Size, Weight, and Age
You can contact us via phone or email.
Prepare for your dog's first massage.
We travel to your dog's home where he / she is most comfortable, but there's also a few things that we recommend you do to help make things as happy and stress-free as possible.
- Make sure your dog has had sufficient water for the day and it has been at least 30 minutes since their last meal.
- They should have a bathroom break prior to the session.
- There should be a quiet comfortable space to do the massage, free of other pets, noises, aromas and other distractions.
The initial massage session & consultation.
We'll discuss your dog's medical history and conduct a thorough assessment and an introductory evaluative massage.
We will discuss your dog's medical history:
- Veterinary Physician
- Current medications
- Health conditions (allergies, diseases, arthritis, recent / past injuries or surgeries)
We will evaluate your dog's behavioral and physical condition:
- Demeanor - aggressive / timid / high anxiety
- Gait analysis - observe movement / posture - look for issues
- Palpation of tissues - look for issues
Designing a plan to suit your dog's specific needs.
Once we have conducted a thorough evaluation, we can determine what procedures and scheduling work best for you and your dog.
We'll assemble a custom tailored combination of massage techniques to promote the total health and wellness needs of your dog.
We'll discuss the recommended frequency of sessions (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.), and work with you around your schedule.